classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1254 messages Options
1 ... 25262728293031 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

JTG4eva!
Given their purpose is to “debunk myths” do you really think they are going to provide any kind of unbiased position or discussion of the nuances of the “myths” they are “debunking”.  Do you really consider Snopes to be an entirely credible news source? It’s fun, it’s kind of useful....but I’m not going to let it be the source on which I base all of my actions.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Harvey
They are not alone. It's a 4 page application. Have all your payroll numbers together they will be able to get it in Monday.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by Brownski
If you mean, old school, the vet comes and doses the horses, than no. If you mean does is still come in yummy, apple flavored  paste wormer syringes, then, yes.  I guess I'd better get one before the world finds out.

Now, we do fecals on horses. I haven't wormed in a couple of years, because of a closed herd.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Our numbers are ready. Our banker promised an easy online portal by Monday.  I hope he is right.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Good luck Harvey, I hope you get it worked out!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Given their purpose is to “debunk myths” do you really think they are going to provide any kind of unbiased position or discussion of the nuances of the “myths” they are “debunking”..
What? Your big problem with them is that you think they should have more nuance?

Anything else? Because that seems pretty nitpicky.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks man.

I know it's a big handout, but I think we probably deserve it as much as anyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Dude, Snopes is to news as Dr. Oz is to medical information.  They are both well known and interesting, but little more than infotainment.  You don’t like the word nuance....replace that with “comprehensive assessment of ALL facts”.  If you honestly consider Snopes to be a credible news source.....gahhhhh!  
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Harvey wrote
Thanks man.

I know it's a big handout, but I think we probably deserve it as much as anyone.
Might as well take it if you can get it.  I heard on the news (CNBC I believe) that BOA accepted over 10,000 applications on Friday so some banks are up and running with this program.  Not sure what bank you're company uses but perhaps the regional banks can't react in such a quick manner?

On another matter, I learned today that NYC subways are still open and at 87% normal ridership.  Social distancing, NYC style.  I find it hard to believe that the NYC experience with this thing will be replicated at every level around the country.  Eh, what do I know?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
onscott wrote
NYC subways are still open and at 87% normal ridership.  Social distancing, NYC style.  I find it hard to believe that the NYC experience with this thing will be replicated at every level around the country.  Eh, what do I know?
The city can’t function without public transportation. It would literally grind to a halt.  
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by onscott
onscott wrote
I heard on the news (CNBC I believe) that BOA accepted over 10,000 applications on Friday so some banks are up and running with this program.  Not sure what bank you're company uses but perhaps the regional banks can't react in such a quick manner?
I saw those stories too, on NYT.

We use a small bank that clearly has issues, but they have cut us some big breaks when we where in violation of our covenants.  I'd say in the 35 years I've been with our company we've been on brink 3 times. Last time was 2008.

That said, there is no quick way to switch banks. We have to push our guy as hard as we can, and hope somehow we can get in. No doubt I am extremely anxious about it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I sincerely doubt people are riding the subway because they don't give a shit.  I'd bet the vast majority see no other option.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
onscott wrote

On another matter, I learned today that NYC subways are still open and at 87% normal ridership.  Social distancing, NYC style.  I find it hard to believe that the NYC experience with this thing will be replicated at every level around the country.  Eh, what do I know?
No wonder the place is such a hotspot then. Wtf, this makes zero sense. The Gov preaches social distancing but allows this? I lose my job but millions still ride the friggin subway?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Harvey wrote
I sincerely doubt people are riding the subway because they don't give a shit.  I'd bet the vast majority see no other option.
This for sure.

The energy every where you go right now is so strange. People are scared. I was asked to go on a month long hitch in May but I’m going to decline even if I have to forfeit my pay. The risk doesn’t seem worth it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
onscott wrote
I think you got that backwards ...
New York Times wrote
As the coronavirus pandemic has all but shut down New York City, its subway — an emblem of urban overcrowding — has become almost unrecognizable, with overall ridership down 87 percent.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/nyregion/coronavirus-mta-subway-riders.html

This article, and several others, go on to explain that while ridership has plummeted, service has also been dramatically reduced, in part because large numbers of transit workers have either contracted the virus or are currently in home isolation because of possible exposure.

In most cases, the crowds on the trains are made up of "essential workers", many of whom are hospital workers, and are also very low income earners who can't afford to get to work any other way.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks Face

That makes more sense.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
.  You don’t like the word nuance....replace that with “comprehensive assessment of ALL facts”
They...uhhh... Do that.

It feels like you have never read snopes at all.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Another thing to consider ...
tjf1967 wrote
Time for everyone to remember 7000 people die in the US each day. The virus is not a death sentence. It needs to be dealt with it's very concerning let's not make it more than it is. Just do what you are supposed to.
onscott wrote
tjf1967 wrote
Time for everyone to remember 7000 people die in the US each day. The virus is not a death sentence. It needs to be dealt with it's very concerning let's not make it more than it is. Just do what you are supposed to.
Thank you.
scrundy wrote
This ^^^
The drama is getting old.
New York Post wrote
The coronavirus is taking a serious toll on the doctors and nurses risking their lives while treating the disease.

Carlo Palermo, head of Italy’s hospital doctors’ union was almost in tears when he told reporters in Rome that two nurses had committed suicide as a result of the emotional trauma, the Associated Press reported.
Yes ... 7000 people die in the US each day, but that's across the entire country. We're seeing 500 - 800 people dying in one city in one day. We've all seen the interviews of hospital workers after mass casualty incidents, describing what they've experienced. This is like a mass casualty incident on a daily basis.

Doctors and nurses are usually able to compartmentalize the trauma they see every day, but this is overwhelming them. Doctors and nurses who work in hospital units where they don't usually deal with dying patients and significant trauma are being rotated into the ER's and ICU's.

The PTSD that our medical professionals are going to be dealing with, for months and years after all of this is over, will likely have a big impact on all of us.

I doubt they think the drama is getting old.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
The energy every where you go right now is so strange. People are scared. I was asked to go on a month long hitch in May but I’m going to decline even if I have to forfeit my pay. The risk doesn’t seem worth it.
As much as I miss my job, my coworkers, and my paycheck, I don't think it's worth the risk either.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Campi your man can get free money for wages.  
1 ... 25262728293031 ... 63