1 ... 33343536373839 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

JTG4eva!
witch hobble wrote
I’m cornfused.
The h makes all the difference!  I need to figure out how to convey valley girl in a UK accent.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
Second though......JTG why do you keep referencing Sara Gilbert? Did she do something? .
I didn't even know who that was until I googled the name. And I never watched Rosanne, so I still don't really get the reference.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
witch hobble wrote
JTG why do you keep referencing Sara Gilbert? .... I’m cornfused.
Im curious about this as well. I assume I missed a news story about her jumping to the head of the testing line or saying something dumb.
You guys are serious?  I figured witchy was joking, and cornfused wasn’t a spelling error the likes of which MeCentric would jump all over.

Sarah (with an h) Gilbert is the lead UK scientist who thinks, maybe, a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine could be “available for use” by September.  You know, the THEY that is the authoritative and definitive source on which MeCentric based his proclamation that we will all be saved from the virus and related social distancing in September!  MindlessClodpoll doesn’t even know the name of the lead (and only) scientist pushing the “vaccine in September” narrative.  That there shows some, like, totally awesome research!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Sarah (with an h) Gilbert is the lead UK scientist who thinks, maybe, a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine could be “available for use” by September.  You know, the THEY that is the authoritative and definitive source
I'm sorry, what? Did I say "available for use"? Did I say I had one source?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/johnson-johnson-to-begin-clinical-trials-on-coronavirus-vaccine-candidate.html
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I'm sorry, what? Did I say "available for use"? Did I say I had one source?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/johnson-johnson-to-begin-clinical-trials-on-coronavirus-vaccine-candidate.html
Dude, like, J&J is looking to go to Phase 1 clinical trial in September....but that’s a far cry from a widely available vaccine, you know....the kind of thing that will make social distancing unnecessary, in September, like, like you said.

Try again.

Or is it that you were saying we can ditch the social distancing in September when a vaccine is available for clinical trials, and won’t be put into actual use in the population in any meaningful way for months?  I’m sure that makes sense (to you), somehow? . Brilliant!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Why don't you quote what I said? The throwaway sentence that you've spent the last couple of pages arguing with yourself about.

Then we can talk about whether it was a reasonable thing to say.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I did.  You said “why not social distance until September, the date they are now targeting for a vaccine.”

Have fun dancing around that.  Tell us exactly who is targeting that date, and what they are targeting to be available, and to whom, and how that will facilitate the lifting of social distancing in September.

If you need a bigger shovel I can, like, FedEx you one.....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Have fun dancing around that.  Tell us exactly who is targeting that date, and what they are targeting to be available, and to whom, and how that will facilitate the lifting of social distancing in September.
Okay, since you won't quote it, I will. This is what you've spent 4 pages whining about:
MC2 5678F589 wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
The world will reopen, and lives will be lost when those decisions are made (because more lives would be/could be saved if we social distanced forever). ..
Wait, what?

To believe this, isn't it necessary to believe that a vaccine will never be discovered?

Like, what's wrong with social distancing until September (the date they're now targeting for a vaccine)?
I guess I'll explain that other stuff (again) when you explain how our only options are:
1. Open up & lose lives
2. Social Distance forever
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Did you just say something useful?

No?  Ok, carry on.

Still would like to know who it is that is saying a vaccine will be available and in what form come September, and how that will be significant to decisions regarding social distancing.

Like, answer questions much?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
God, you are so... tiring.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
You sure, like........are.

While you aren’t answering simple questions, feel free to tell us how anything I said has any bearing on the statement you made regarding a vaccine in September, and the clarification we need!  I mean, like, are you just here to make useless, inane arguments....or maybe you’d like to try, at least, to share an actual opinion of value and information that might possibly be useful?  If there’s likely to be a vaccine to protect me, you, and everyone else in September I’m sure we’d all like to know more about that.  I haven’t been able to find much on it, and your research skills are totally awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
With so many scientists working on a vaccine, I think I'm more confident in my timetable of easing up on social distancing (September) than yours (never), so I guess we'll see who is right.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Wait, what?

Like, when did I ever say we will or should  social distance forever?

Would social distancing forever likely “save the most lives”?  Sure.  Well, like, at least until you and Sarah Gilbert eradicate SARS-CoV-2!  However, while social distancing forever would likely “save the most lives”, I never said we should, or will, do that.

For someone who feigns so much intelligence it’s amazing how the concept of context is so completely and udderly , like, lost on you!
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Does anyone know who started this thread?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
bumps wrote
Does anyone know who started this thread?
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
A bit hard to understand but a video discussion of HBOT treatment thought at this time an by Indian doc in Australia. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHfBNb6_kTE
Sounds better than intubation but WTF do I know, just saying.
They're starting clinical trial in NYU too it appears. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=covid&term=hbot&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&Search=Search
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Six WHO Criteria for the ReOpening of a Locale or Country:

• First, that transmission is controlled;

• Second, that health system capacities are in place to detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact;

• Third, that outbreak risks are minimized in special settings like health facilities and nursing homes;

• Fourth, that preventive measures are in place in workplaces, schools and other places where it’s essential for people to go;

• Fifth, that importation risks can be managed;

• Sixth, that communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to adjust to the “new norm”
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
Six WHO Criteria for the ReOpening of a Locale or Country:

• First, that transmission is controlled;

• Second, that health system capacities are in place to detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact;

• Third, that outbreak risks are minimized in special settings like health facilities and nursing homes;

• Fourth, that preventive measures are in place in workplaces, schools and other places where it’s essential for people to go;

• Fifth, that importation risks can be managed;

• Sixth, that communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to adjust to the “new norm”
We don't have any of these...perhaps the reason Trump decided to withold funds from the WHO...?
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Regarding 2nd bulletpoint.
• Second, that health system capacities are in place to detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact;

If one or WHO uses the absolute "every" ought to make ya think... just sayin.

It's well known it's hard to herd cats let alone humans on the planet.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Anyone listed to Cuomo on Stern yesterday.  He said Trump is being very helpful. I took that as a positive.

1 ... 33343536373839 ... 63