classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
200 messages Options
12345678 ... 10
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Adk Jeff
Great day today... Saw the HP chair running and figured having it listed as closed must have been an oversight.  You know it's a great day when you ski bell-to-bell all over the mountain and there's STILL stuff that you never got to that must have been great too.  Never got to Rumor today, didn't spend time on the darkside...  Probably the best day of the season so far for us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Saturday had some of the best conditions I've ever experienced at Gore. Burnt Ridge was beautiful. I don't know why the rope was up at Cirque Glades (went in anyway) because it was great. The line thru the bumps on Sagamore was sweet. And to think there was no snow left at my cabin 3 weeks ago.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Paging Dr. Harvey...

What are we looking at for Gores YTD snowfall total? I was just reading Josh Fox's Single Chair Weather Blog, and noticed MRG is already at Gore's claimed annual snowfall
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
fujative wrote
Paging Dr. Harvey...

What are we looking at for Gores YTD snowfall total? I was just reading Josh Fox's Single Chair Weather Blog, and noticed MRG is already at Gore's claimed annual snowfall
 But there isn't more than 24" inches on the ground right now. A few locals that we were with stated there was 0 snow on the ground 2 1/2 weeks ago
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
skimore wrote
fujative wrote
Paging Dr. Harvey...

But there isn't more than 24" inches on the ground right now. A few locals that we were with stated there was 0 snow on the ground 2 1/2 weeks ago
Snow totals are about 56 inches by my count:

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2010/11/megaharv-snow-totals-1011.html

The only way I know to count it is to count it. If I reset the total to zero when it melted it wouldn't compare to other areas. The easiest way is just to count the snow and write it down.

I would guess that MRG averages 2x ... 300 inches?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Their website says 250"
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by tBatt
Suggestion Harv:
Instead of leaving the Mega-Harv Snowfall Chart buried in the Harvey Road blog archive (I can understand why you wouldn't want it to keep re-appearing at the top of the blog everytime you updated it), how about moving it to its own thread in the Forum (supress comments), or to the Weather page on the blog, or leave it buried in the blog but put a permanent link to it on the Weather page?...
Also, how about displaying the detail for last year's snowfall so that we can compare where we are at this point this year to last year.
Since you are already maintaining the data , why not make it a little more accessible?...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From Gore:

"Snowmaking is now underway on  Eagle's nest, Peaceful Valley, and Oak Ridge.

Hudson Grand Opening planned for Sat at 10:30."
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
I see the "Grand Oprning" is planned for saturday. Do you know if they are planning to do a "soft opening' so maybe I could ski the old trails from the new chair on Friday for a few runs? I'll be checking Gores site and getting my work caught up so I could go up for a few hours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hudsonhiker wrote
I see the "Grand Oprning" is planned for saturday. Do you know if they are planning to do a "soft opening' so maybe I could ski the old trails from the new chair on Friday for a few runs? I'll be checking Gores site and getting my work caught up so I could go up for a few hours.
HH... there is the possibility of soft opening, but not sure when.  It has been discussed. Friday is a good guess, I'd think.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Wonder if anyone will poach the 46er before Friday? Claim to fame...be the first.

Pics please! Der's cookies in it for ya!
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowflakeADK
psssst.....guess what?

Tomorrows report is up on the website.  

Hudson Chair scheduled to be OPEN for biz with access to Peaceful Valley and Oak Ridge.  No 46r...sorry guys.  

I've already planned for Kton tomorrow darn it.  Will be back at Gore on Friday.  Very nice snow today.  Made my way over to Burnt Ridge for the first time this year, and skied Echo several times.  Fun Fun Fun!!  Twister on steroids.  Stayed off Sagamore.  I explained THAT in a previous post!    Besides, as good as today was, I seem to have misplaced my Mojo.  Anyone know where it may have gone to?  Have some you want lend?  Ah well, maybe this is what happens when the Four Oh is looming.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowflakeADK
Ok. So let me get this straight.  Hudson Chair will be running.  Eagles Nest to Burnt Ridge will be open....but North Chair is not scheduled to be operational, therefore no Pipeline to Little Gore.  HUH?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
SnowflakeADK wrote
Ok. So let me get this straight.  Hudson Chair will be running.  Eagles Nest to Burnt Ridge will be open....but North Chair is not scheduled to be operational, therefore no Pipeline to Little Gore.  HUH?
They don't have to run the North Chair, but they will have to open north side terrain to access the Ski Bowl from the upper mountain.

Maybe the point of the "soft opening" is to shake down the operation, and access will only be from the bowl itself?  I'm sure the North will be going on Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by SnowflakeADK
SnowflakeADK wrote
psssst.....guess what?

I seem to have misplaced my Mojo.
You should take something for that. Put the Lime in the Coconut......

I bet Harv's got the soft opening deciphered correctly. Shuttle? Maybe Pipeline is crapped out or they're preserving Pipeline for Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Snowballs wrote
SnowflakeADK wrote
psssst.....guess what?

I seem to have misplaced my Mojo.
You should take something for that. Put the Lime in the Coconut......

I bet Harv's got the soft opening deciphered correctly. Shuttle? Maybe Pipeline is crapped out or they're preserving Pipeline for Saturday.
My guess is that ... it's mid-week .. they've got 9 lifts going, that's about normal for a Thursday.  Pipeline has good coverage - or it did on Sunday - can't see how that would have changed. One thing about the mild pitch - it won't get scraped off.

It's a shakedown. If the lift isn't busy tomorrow that's probably ok, by mgmt's thinking.

Who's going to be on the Hudson Lift tomorrow or Saturday?  Would love some pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ground Hog Day

Adk Keith
Wow!

The woods skied like velvet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ground Hog Day

K man
Everything was fantastic yesterday!  The woods were a blast.  
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I'm doing a three day weekend up at Gore and maybe Hickory starting tomorrow (Friday - man, I feel the flu coming on, cough, cough), so email me if you want to meet. I'll have my smarter than me phone.
funny like a clown
12345678 ... 10