579 messages Options
1 ... 16171819202122 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

campgottagopee
You certainly have thin skin there lil buckaroo

I'm staying on the high road......I know what you're trying to do and your not even very good at it, as a matter of fact it's pretty lame

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
The cut in drops you into a marked glade.   And you consider that wreckless?  When you say share with your friends what do you think I'm  doing?  You act like you have to be personal best friends and suck someone's dick for the info.  And who are you to decide who is a cool person?
It drops you into an area that is above a marked glade that is not patrolled, and actually, the marked glade that you ski into is Pinebrook Glades, not the Cave. For someone who knows the mountain so well, I figured you'd be aware of that.

And no, you're not sharing with your friends when you post the entrance on this site. You're basically taking out a megaphone and yelling it to everyone in the Gondola line.

All I'm asking is for you to continue sharing with your friends at the mountain (you can decide who's cool in your book), but maybe hold off on posting it on the Internet (and maybe edit your post). Is that such a huge request?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Is that your go to line you always say you go to the high road.  And let's not beat around the bush what is it I'm trying to do?
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
I feel like I'm on my fishing forum where guys complain about "secrets" on the Salmon River, where thousands of people fish elbow to elbow year after year.  

There are no secrets there and for anyone that skis Gore on any kind of a regular basis and wants to ski a certain area, they will quickly figure out the "secrets" on the mountain.  

Skied Cave for the first time yesterday and if I had gone again, I would have been looking for a cut in, if I tried it again, just like when I skied Darby glades for the first time yesterday and hated the posted drop in and found a couple of cut ins off Darby the second time I did it, when I purposely looked for them!  

I'm sure I'd be doing the same the next time I'm at Gore for Cave!

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
gebbyfish wrote
for anyone that skis Gore on any kind of a regular basis and wants to ski a certain area, they will quickly figure out the "secrets" on the mountain.  
Not true. Sure, there are some open "secrets" around, but trust me, even if you were looking hard, you wouldn't find everything without a guide (or an ill-advised forum post)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Like I said that was the first time I dropped in there and I only did it to help a few snowboarders because I was aware it was there.  It did seem a little shorter but, must have cut some of Cave off but, it comes out the same place Cave glade comes out.  See I can admit if I'm wrong but, can you?  Your first post, you came across like an asshole.  So of course if you act like an asshole, I'm going to reply like one.  Later you backed up and were much more polite.  So if you can admit you are wrong and you want to edit your post so you don't look like such an asshole, I will meet your requests and edit my post to hide the secret you are so worried about.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
i agree with mattchuck2. i have been skiing gore for close to 40 years and am still amazed when i am shown something
i have never skied. especially since i have skied right past the entrance hundreds of times.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Not saying I don't agree or I think I know it all.  I still learn of new things there all the time.  Like this time because it was the first time I did that cut in that I was told about.  I just never did it and went uphill before when I did Cave Glade because I wasn't trying to puss out cause there was a little hill.  The place is huge, of course there's going to be new things out there if you go exploring off trail.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
mattchuck2 wrote
gebbyfish wrote
for anyone that skis Gore on any kind of a regular basis and wants to ski a certain area, they will quickly figure out the "secrets" on the mountain.  
Not true. Sure, there are some open "secrets" around, but trust me, even if you were looking hard, you wouldn't find everything without a guide (or an ill-advised forum post)

If you want to believe that I couldn't find a little diversion from an onerous climb upwards to enter a glade, so be it.  

Do I believe that there is stuff well off the beaten track, that you can't see from well trafficked trails that I don't know about?  Sure, I'll buy that.  

But for stuff that is marked on Gore's map by Gore, I'm sure that the average skier can find any number of permutations to access those trails.  

You pointed out that the cut in, probably had a lot to do with Pinebrook Glades and I had that thought when I noticed it joining up with Cave, and figured that out immediately, from having looked at Gore's map for these glades and skiing them for the first time.  

Further attempts would lead to more knowledge and I'm cool with that.  

I'm also cool with working for the Cave entrance.  

Gets me breathing and gets me sweating and gives me a moment of reflection in solitude, because I think most people wouldn't want to make the effort!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Glade Runner wrote
Like I said that was the first time I dropped in there and I only did it to help a few snowboarders because I was aware it was there.  It did seem a little shorter but, must have cut some of Cave off but, it comes out the same place Cave glade comes out.  See I can admit if I'm wrong but, can you?  Your first post, you came across like an asshole.  So of course if you act like an asshole, I'm going to reply like one.  Later you backed up and were much more polite.  So if you can admit you are wrong and you want to edit your post so you don't look like such an asshole, I will meet your requests and edit my post to hide the secret you are so worried about.
If you look at my first post, I was actually pretty cordial and referenced the off the map name of that glade.

Then you responded with "I don't mind" divulging stashes on the Internet because I feel entitled to knowing all the stashes everywhere.

Then, I responded with a perfectly reasonable "WTF?"

Edit it or don't edit it. Hopefully it just gets buried. Just please try not to divulge too much in the future. It will help the patrollers and others.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Glade Runner wrote
Is that your go to line you always say you go to the high road.  And let's not beat around the bush what is it I'm trying to do?

LOL! Actually, no. In fact, I'm certain that's one of the few times, if ever, I've said that. You're trying to get into a back and forth with me but I just can't do it with you for a few reasons:

#1 I know you run with Cornhead and BigD. I've known those guys for a while now and they're chill dudes. I enjoy our chats at Trax, so respect that you hang with them and try to leave you alone.

#2 I've been around these inraweb ski forums for a long time now. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, maybe I've learned from mistakes, maybe I just don't care, but I can't get into it with you -- feels like I'm kicking a puppy when I pick on you and it makes me feel bad.

#3 I know that GP ownership and management check this forum out so I don't want to be "that guy"

But, whatever.....I'm done with you

Heading back to talk British Sports cars
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
mattchuck2 wrote
Yeah, no shit. That's the point. It's supposed to be hard to find information on stashes. What the fuck?
Actually this was the time you began to act like an asshole.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
Do I believe that there is stuff well off the beaten track, that you can't see from well trafficked trails that I don't know about?  Sure, I'll buy that.  
That was my point. And I'd prefer for those places to remain relatively unknown.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebby - a lot of those entrances were designed to be a little work to get into originally. There were reasons for that. I like to think the added bonus is that the little uphill there warms you up on a cold day like yesterday.

In regards to the rest, MC is 100% correct.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
And I know for a fact you've used that line with me multiple times alone.  What do you mean run with them?  Yea I've skied with them.  And neither ever acts like a dick like you.  You've been acting like a dick directly towards me for quite a while.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
Glade Runner wrote
Actually this was the time you began to act like an asshole.
Right, as I said, it was a well deserved WTF, right after you said: "I don't have any problem" broadcasting stashes far and wide because I want people to broadcast stashes on every mountain so I can ski the best lines whenever I show up, because I am the almighty GladeRunner and I deserve it.

I mean, that was a slight paraphrase, but you get the point.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
So now you can paraphrase me to make me sound like an asshole.  Then justify yourself when you respond with being an asshole, and that's ok?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
What's okay is just virtually shaking hands, saying this is over and trying to be more careful about disclosing information in the future.

I don't have any problem with you, and like I said, I love showing people around the cool spots of Gore, and I'm glad you do too. Handshakes can be virtual, but stash divulging should always be done in person.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Glade Runner wrote
I know Gore probably better than most of you
With 500+ members this may be correct depending out how you define "most of you." I'd guess there are probably dozens members with hundreds of days and some are probably above a thousand.

I'm guessing I'm on the low end, maybe 250 or 300. Still I know a decent amount about Gore. I learned what I know by respecting the locals. Great people.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Like I said I didn't think it was a stash.  I thought we were talking a cut in.  It's not like I talked about where to drop in for Snoopy's.  You've been cool.  At first you kind of acted like an asshole but, you toned it down when you realized you were.  You are just too stubborn to admit when you are wrong.  But, I do appreciate the change in tone.  
1 ... 16171819202122 ... 29