579 messages Options
1 ... 17181920212223 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

MC2 5678F589
Glade Runner wrote
Like I said I didn't think it was a stash.  I thought we were talking a cut in.  It's not like I talked about where to drop in for Snoopy's.  You've been cool.  At first you kind of acted like an asshole but, you toned it down when you realized you were.  You are just too stubborn to admit when you are wrong.  But, I do appreciate the change in tone.
That's actually how I am in real life, too. Harsh and abrasive at first until you get my rythym. Then you realize I just constantly speak the truth.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
And I know for a fact you've used that line with me multiple times alone.  

Richard,

high road
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
It's there, I'm just not going to search for it.  We both know you are an asshole.  I don't need to waste my time to prove it.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
I'm starting to think that if there was a nyskiblog picnic, it would erupt in a food fight!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ha, it'd be more than that.

Hey world, there's stashes @ Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
I'm starting to think that if there was a nyskiblog picnic, it would erupt in a food fight!
Nah, nobody cares about Internet disagreements in real life, do they? Like, no one would ever come to blows over a helmet/no helmet debate or throw food over an Epic/non epic argument.

That's why these Internet conversations are weird. I try to just throw in casual asides and then I get drawn in to ridiculous debates. It's very unlike the rest of my interactions, where a well placed sarcastic comment is appreciated and laughed off.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
mattchuck2 wrote
gebbyfish wrote
Nah, nobody cares about Internet disagreements in real life, do they? Like, no one would ever come to blows over a helmet/no helmet debate or throw food over an Epic/non epic argument.

That's why these Internet conversations are weird. I try to just throw in casual asides and then I get drawn in to ridiculous debates. It's very unlike the rest of my interactions, where a well placed sarcastic comment is appreciated and laughed off.
Oh, I know.

Just trying to add a little levity to the situation.  

I'm sure we're all nice people in real life!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Aside from the internet commando warriors here.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
At places like Gore there are reasons why you don't want to divulge in public the location of certain runs that are off trail, aside from the occasional idiot going in and ether getting lost or getting hurt, if the spot becomes too frequented they will name it and throw a rope up across it, then the mountain regulates when it gets skied.

There are reasons why you never divulge the location for BC stashes, unless they are well published, that is the culture. When in Rome, but what is being talked about here is not BC.

Matt was right to call you out on this, if anyone needs to admit they made a mistake it is you GR.

Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Glade Runner wrote
make me sound like an asshole
Yeah lay off, he doesn't need any help
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Thacheronix wrote
Glade Runner wrote
make me sound like an asshole
Yeah lay off, he doesn't need any help
Yea really.  I can make myself look like an asshole just fine on my own.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
I don't know what you are worried about unless you are afraid to duck a rope.  And if you could read you'd see I admitted my mistake.  
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Like I said I didn't think it was a stash.  I thought we were talking a cut in.  It's not like I talked about where to drop in for Snoopy's.  You've been cool.  At first you kind of acted like an asshole but, you toned it down when you realized you were.  You are just too stubborn to admit when you are wrong.  But, I do appreciate the change in tone.
That's actually how I am in real life, too. Harsh and abrasive at first until you get my rythym. Then you realize I just constantly speak the truth.

Amen, Pilgrim!

And humble to-boot!  Will you be gracing us with your awesomeness @ Hickory this Sunday, 3/1/15?  We'll be sure Security is beefed up to keep your entourage in check.

Ski you on Hare.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Glade Runner wrote
  I know Gore probably better than most of you
maybe than some , wouldnt say most, there is alot of longtime locals going alot of places.
all that stuff you 'know' has been skied for years because of discretion,not blatant poaching.
rule #1 has always been dont let John Q Public see you,not screaming' look at me' from the mt top.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
freeheeln wrote
maybe than some , wouldnt say most, there is alot of longtime locals going alot of places.
all that stuff you 'know' has been skied for years because of discretion,not blatant poaching.
rule #1 has always been dont let John Q Public see you,not screaming' look at me' from the mt top.
I think we need a collection of famous Internet Skier's quotes like

Glade Runner wrote
  I know Gore probably better than most of you
Glade Runner wrote
  I can make myself look like an asshole just fine on my own.
Glade Runner wrote
  I don't know what you are worried about unless you are afraid to duck a rope.
And I didn't even have to look very hard...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
WOW!

Heading to Gore tomorrow for a couple days and came here to see what the conditions have been like.

I've been searching for a report and it seems like I'm heading for quite a surprise condition wise.  This all sounds like they hooked the guns up to giant piles of horseshit.

Perhaps you should all start a "all the reasons I'm better than you" thread and save this one for people that just want to go skiing.

My apologies for the inappropriate language.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Conditions are great! Packed groomed powder that gets scraped off to edgable hardpack later in the day depending on traffic. I was up yesterday cold to start warmed nicely. Snow is still dry and fluffy but just gets worn to the manmade. Places like Saddle and parts of all busier trails. Thanks for your post I was thinking about the same thing. None of the above seemed useful if you really needed condition report.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be skiing in the Adirondacks. Lots of sunshine and blue sky's. Not much wind where we were.

There was still plenty of liftside and slopeside parking still available when I rolled in about 11 AM.

The lift lines were pretty short.

The Ski Bowl park, the bumps and the woods were all in pretty good shape.

The trails were holding up pretty good considering all of the weekend traffic. However, there was definitely a lot of scraped and icy spots showing up in the afternoon. On the natural snow trails and in the woods, the rocks ice and stumps are definitely starting to show through in some places.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yes, it was definitely a quality day yesterday. Blue sky, not much wind, nice groomer cruising, okay coverage on natural snow trails. It's really great having the whole mountain available. Cars were parked 1/3 of the way down the access road, but it never really felt crowded.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Bosco DaSkia
Fun ski weekend all around, although I preferred Saturday's bluebird skies. Bosca- parking secrets should be treated like secret stashes. Best kept off the internet. :)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1 ... 17181920212223 ... 29