579 messages Options
1 ... 18192021222324 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Bosco DaSkia
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Fun ski weekend all around, although I preferred Saturday's bluebird skies. Bosca- parking secrets should be treated like secret stashes. Best kept off the internet. :)

WTF? So now the main parking lot, the one on the freakin trail map, is some kind of secret? Unreal... This place is getiin to crazy for me..   Thinkin maybe it is time for me to find a less uptight forum... one with less secrets to worry about.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Well, here's something that certainly isn't a secret. In fact, it's so obvious even a dick like Matt knows it.

mattchuck2 wrote
 a natural dick like me.

Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Bosco DaSkia
Wow. Everyone gets super defensive around here. The parking situation down there is a good thing as is. If we advertise that fact on the internet for all the world to see, maybe those lots start to fill up earlier and make a great thing not so great. Much like too much ski traffic in special glades, too many cars down there can make a good thing not so good. That's all I was saying, you bunch of over-sensitive babies.

BTW- I'm glad you had a good ski day. It was a fun one.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Parking secrets - that's absurd. The secret to parking at any resort is arriving at 8AM or earlier. Have breakfast in the lodge.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
PeeTex wrote
Parking secrets - that's absurd.
In this particular case, it is not.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Unreal... It is the main parking lot for that lodge. Where the hell do you think people are going to park when they go there?

Better tell Gore to take the directions to that lodge off their website... We wouldn't want anyone to accidentally "stumble" on to the "secret" parking..

http://www.goremountain.com/mountain/ski-bowl-activities

"DIRECTIONS
Conveniently located off Rt. 28, just 15 minutes from I-87.  To get from Gore Mountain to the Ski Bowl, head down the access road and make a left onto Peaceful Valley Road, then another left onto Route 28.  The tubing park is your first left."

While your at it, better tell them to change the freakin' trail map... You know, so the secret of parking in the parking lot at a ski lodge never sees the light of day.

Just ridiculous. I'm out.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
The ability to part 20 feet from the lift is a good thing. If too many people start doing it, we lose that ability. That is all. I'm not sure why this is so confusing for you guys. Once again, there's no need to get super defensive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by Bosco DaSkia
Bosco DaSkia wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Fun ski weekend all around, although I preferred Saturday's bluebird skies. Bosca- parking secrets should be treated like secret stashes. Best kept off the internet. :)

WTF? So now the main parking lot, the one on the freakin trail map, is some kind of secret? Unreal... This place is getiin to crazy for me..   Thinkin maybe it is time for me to find a less uptight forum... one with less secrets to worry about.
Hope you don't leave.  We need as many rational, polite folks as possible around here who contribute substantive stuff.  Also enjoying your smaller hill posts.  

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
PeeTex wrote
Parking secrets - that's absurd.
In this particular case, it is not.
Yeah it is. So you park there and what, activate your invisibility mode ?

NEWS FLASH : In case you didn't realize,,,,, Anybody can see you're parked there.

DON'T GO BOSCO !!!!! YOU'RE A BRIGHT SPOT HERE !!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Why don't we just boycott this whole freak'n website and spray paint over all ski area advertisements, we don't want anyone else to ski lest it raise our ticket price, spoil our snow and take our fucking parking spot. Narcissism at it's finest.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Should just probably rename this place NYBUNCHADICKSBLOG.com. SMH...
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

OH ! Now we understand your recent postings ! You wish a name change. Got it !
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

OH ! Now we understand your recent postings ! You wish a name change. Got it !
Kinda has a ring to it, don't ya think?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm just hoping that the parking location that shall not be named is open for a few more weekends. It's so much more pleasant than that clusterfuck at the main lot.
Reply | Threaded
|

schneiski
Last time I checked. this was supposed to be a blog about conditions at Gore!! People lambasted the poor guy who wrote a single post about lift history and maintenance back in December, but it's OK to waste pages and pages with useless information?  

Please stay on topic, I don't have time to wade through all this nonsense.

Anyway, here is a condition report from Saturday:

Beautiful day - bluebird and warm.  Overall, the mountain is skiing well, but is starting to show signs of burn-out due to sun exposure on thin spots.  Got there a little late and cars were parked on the access road below Lot F, but there were no crowds on the lift.  I believe it was because there was a pretty major race on Echo, so many of the cars must have been spectators.

Skiied top in the AM and did Straightbrook and Chatty Glades - both in decent shape, but really needs some snow because a lot is exposed. Did Double Barrel (only skier right side was open) and it had some pretty firm bumps.  The trails are all groomed flat but still have some good snow on them.  Skied Darkside and Darby Woods.  Darby Woods was really nice.

Went to BR in the afternoon.  Did Barkeater and Sagamore, which were in pretty good condition.  Then must son hit the wall because he's battling a cold.  We headed out and did Tahawus Glades - always fun and in good shape.

Lastly did Chatterbox on the way out and as always they were a lot of fun.  They're in pretty good shape too, except in a few places where it's very icey.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I'm just hoping that the parking location that shall not be named is open for a few more weekends. It's so much more pleasant than that clusterfuck at the main lot.
Matt,

That's brilliant "NYCLUSTERFUCKSKIBLOG.com"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Sunday the groomers skied fine, pretty cold. The woods are pretty played out.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Indeed.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I always wonder, with cars in the upper lots and cars parked up and down the roads, why more people don't use the xxxxxxxx lot at yyyyyyyyy.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

CPTele
My conditions report for Sunday 3/1 @ Gore:

Mountain skied like an average winter day: decent packed powder but with "shaved" spots showing up in normal spots (downside of rollers for instance or steeper pitches). Nothing totally ice but definitely hard pack.

Skied Tahawus, Otter Slide and Abenaki glades. Tahawus had the best cover. Abenaki was fun but in its steeper sections there were a plethora of rocks poking up. They all skied pretty fast.

The high peaks double was down for the count for the better part of the morning. I overheard Patrol telling someone not to expect it back for the day. But as luck would have it, it came back online around 11am. As a result, I found Lower Darby and Hullabaloo untouched for the day and in great shape.  I assume the issue with the lift was mechanical, again.
1 ... 18192021222324 ... 29