Banned User

Today
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Rj1972
That's a beautiful shot, Glade.

Let' get going with the Odyssey.  They've been making snow on it for a little over a week.  I know it' supposed to open on Saturday, but good grief!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
It should be very good this weekend!

I think they are about done on Odyssey, Iliad is getting refreshed, guns were blazing on Wendys Way and Christys...
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
The quad has also been sped up.

It previously was running at 4.5mph and was running at 5.7mph this morning. Without any stoppages the trip up was averaging 6 1//2 - 7 minutes so we gained and extra run our first hour. After a coffee break there were more stoppages and trips up were in the 9-9 1/2 minute range for our next 3, a couple in the 8 -8 1/2 minute range then the last couple were back to about 7...

The only thing is that it wasn't that busy. I'm curious to see how many stoppages there will be when it is busier.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Good news about the increase speed of the quad and snowmaking efforts. I had a crazy feeling they would move on to Wendy's way. I know it counts as an open slope.

I noticed the snowgun shown in Glade's photo last week pumping out snow below the ski patrol building. I don't recall ever seeing in before. Might it be a new purchase?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Yea that's definitely a new gun.  Good news, Odessey was being groomed when I left.  Illiad was opened before I left with a fresh coat.  Big mounds on Kristys run.  Trojan looked to be ready and groomed but the lift wasn't running.  Should be going for weekend.  Castor had a new coating and lift 2 was down but, should be back in business for the weekend.  This weekend looks good for Greek.

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
Good news about the increase speed of the quad and snowmaking efforts. I had a crazy feeling they would move on to Wendy's way. I know it counts as an open slope.
With Wendy's being so short it should only take a couple of days to cover. I would be nice to have Wendy's done and used for race training until more terrain opens...today the Cornell Ski Team was set up pretty much down the center of the Fields and Iliad was closed...

Rj1972 wrote
I noticed the snowgun shown in Glade's photo last week pumping out snow below the ski patrol building. I don't recall ever seeing in before. Might it be a new purchase?
It looked pretty new to me. It made that huge whale pretty much overnight!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Ouch! Having the Iliad down and the course on the Fields doesn't sound ideal. Although, this weekend should be more manageable with the Odyssey open.

Yeah, that snow gun pumped out quite a pile of snow last week behind the pump house. It looked awfully shiny and new, so I also assumed it to be a new acquisition.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Illiad opened.  Got about 5 runs on it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Any word if snow is being made on East?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Blowin on 5 now
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Blowin on 5 now
TWSS
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Skiied until about noon today. There was a little bit of fresh on top of the groomed which made for a nice velvety ride down.
Cornell was set up on Fields and Stoic again..Iliad was closed because the bottom was being groomed out. I was hoping to get a few laps there since the top 2/3 of the trail must have been groomed last night with a couple inches of fluff on top.The Piston Bully broke down on the last face around 11 and was still there when I left a little after noon. Hopefully nothing too serious.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Greek was good today, added to the lineup were Odyssey,Trojan, and Kristie's. Guns were firing on Mars, and if the cold continues,  Mars should be open next weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Busiest Ive seen Greek in years.  Rode first thing till 11 mostly on lift 4 with no line.  Worked over to lift 2 and base and there were half hour lift lines with all the people here on those 5 buck ski company  tickets.  The advantage of being a pass holder.  Im out, was fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Wow. Had no idea it was $5 day today. Wasn't on their website (or at least not on the front page or conditions page). Got there around 10:15 with my daughter, turned around and went home.

WTF Greek Peakā€¦could have made it more apparent to season pass holders.

Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
It was a deal through the ski company to lure Syracuse skiers.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Glade Runner wrote
I get what it was, I just never saw anything about it so was completely blindsided when I got t here today.
Reply | Threaded
|

ehine1
billyymc wrote
Glade Runner wrote
I get what it was, I just never saw anything about it so was completely blindsided when I got t here today.
I checked the webcam this morning and saw the massive lift lines and decided not to go. Glad I went yesterday and got a lot rides in. I too did not see anything about the $5 tickets.
1 ... 45678910 ... 28