1 ... 20212223242526 ... 28
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Rj1972 wrote
Think about how much money is blown into the trees each winter due to improper snowmaking procedures.
Out of curiosity, have you ever made snow before?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I haven't made snow.  But it's not easy to keep it all on the trails if there is any breeze at all. The more you point guns UP the better snow you get (sometimes) but the more it wanders. Best thing to do IMO is glade the whole mountain so NOTHING is wasted!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
I haven't made snow.  But it's not easy to keep it all on the trails if there is any breeze at all. The more you point guns UP the better snow you get (sometimes) but the more it wanders. Best thing to do IMO is glade the whole mountain so NOTHING is wasted!
I made snow for one winter (early 80's) at Greek. That certainly doesn't make me an expert as I basically just did what I was told. I learned enough to know that this is true:

Harvey wrote
   But it's not easy to keep it all on the trails if there is any breeze at all. The more you point guns UP the better snow you get (sometimes) but the more it wanders.  

Too many armchair ski resort owners, gm's, ceo's, and mtn ops mngrs
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote
Think about how much money is blown into the trees each winter due to improper snowmaking procedures.
Out of curiosity, have you ever made snow before?
I have never made snow with my own hands.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
What about interstate highway type cement walls on the side of the trails to keep the snow in.  There just needs to be orange netting on the inside of them to keep people from running into the wall.  

Make all the lifts cushy heated bubble 6-packs and install cabrio lifts in the base to take out all the walking needed.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Sno, the prior owners actually discussed installing a cabriolet from HLL to the ski area.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Rj1972 wrote
Sno, the prior owners actually discussed installing a cabriolet from HLL to the ski area.
I think that was because their shuttle bus broke down in the middle of the terrain park.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
HaHa!  That's great.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Rj1972 wrote
I think that was because their shuttle bus broke down in the middle of the terrain park.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I just renewed my Killington pass this morning for $1,119, which made me ponder the $399 Greek Peak pass. Is Killington really worth three times what Greek Peak is?  Probably, given their infrastructure and dedication to the skier, but one must admit that $399 is a paltry sum of money for what one receives in return at Greek Peak. Of course, Killington doesn't charge a 4% resort fee.

On an aside, Song will not be reopening this weekend. Too bad. It would have been nice if they could have pulled it off.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Is that Iliad with the most solid cover?  Maybe time for a lift maintenance day.  
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yep, one could still ski Illiad TTB. May have to hop a couple grass spots, but they're calling for snow so maybe not
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Anyone planning on Peakfest??? I missed it last year but ain't gunna this year
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Killy Rat wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Anyone planning on Peakfest??? I missed it last year but ain't gunna this year
You should of went last year.   This year sounds pretty crappy unless you are a homo.

I heard peeps who went last year had a friggin blast, just did't fit into my schedule.......my homo ass will be there this year.

Another alias Harv?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I'll be out of town for nearly the entire month, which was also the case last year during Peakfest.  Would have liked to see Kellie Pickler, however.

Rather than putting everything into the one day, I wish they would have a concert series instead. Spread it over a series of weekends.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
looks like Mountain bike trails being cut at GP??????????????????????????????????????????

Picking up noise on the net...

"It is now one trail now starting July 3 and they will have a second one by August nd they r and will be badass"
 "Yea man. Opens july 3rd for riding. They put the bike hooks on today. The next trail should be done shortly after the opening July 3rd."

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Reply | Threaded