1058 messages Options
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 53
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee

radskier wrote
Ok so it’s marks fairytale of how great it is at gp???
Hey Einstein ----- John owns the place now, not Marc. If you wanna play the game you should at least pay attention.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
How is Greek gonna be on Sunday guys?
According to the local news there's a slight chance of sleet Saturday night. As long as that doesn't last too long it should be OK, not great by any means, but OK. Guns are fired up. Chair 5 scheduled to reopen on Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Any Einstein could see that interview is complete BS...
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by Brownski
It will be overpriced for starters. If you get there early you can ride the “express” for an hour before it stops every 2 minutes. Then head over to chair 4.  If it’s running by then have a seat on a nice snow covered chair. Lap Trojan until they decide to open chair 5.  Pole your way across all the dirt and get in line.  Don’t be surprised if you get to the bottom and they aren’t loading the chair. This is an awesome opportunity to meet new friends and socialize. Lap chair 5 until it starts stopping repeatedly. Then just go home, everything else is scraped to sh!t.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Then why do you bother to get a pass there and ski?
There are 3 other ski areas within a 25 minute drive
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by radskier
And don't forget to watch out for the sharp rocks🤭
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL
How's Alta?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Not sure but Taos is off the hook. Got a foot over night. I was a mixture of James bond and Superman today.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Exactly why I didn’t buy a pass at gp. Except for tog, the other two actually have snow. They also have lodges that welcome families.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Ha!!
That's great. For some reason I thought you were at Alta, my bad.
Glad you guys are getting POW

Still planning on day tripping to LP. According to the trail map the trail goes right to Lisa G's, how convenient.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by radskier
radskier wrote
Exactly why I didn’t buy a pass at gp. Except for tog, the other two actually have snow. They also have lodges that welcome families.
Now that's funny. When did they open? Have they closed since they've opened? When's the last time they've improved their snowmaking? Sorry bud but I call foul.
As for families, that's what you see in the lodge. Families. Just because their prices are higher than MacDonald's doesn't mean they don't welcome them. Oh yeah, the hotel, water park, and adventure center is full of families. The downhill mountain biking scene in the summer, not so much, so I guess you'd be correct there.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Yup I know where that is. I'll meet up with you guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Camp / I think GP has it’s own GladeRunner now. Assholes - everybody’s got one.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
This year is a first for gp. There’s plenty of years the others opened earlier and stayed open later. Where do families eat packed lunches at Greek?  Why are family passes so much more??
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Weird, random question. Did anyone ski today, and if so, how was it? I will probably head over tomorrow, regardless, but am curious as to what I will find.  Thanks!

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
And don't forget to watch out for the sharp rocks🤭
Get it right, jagged rocks.

JRG
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Aight morning at Greek, too cold for pictures, guns ablazin. Odyssey was pretty firm in spots, Alcmene skied well, thin in a couple spots. Got done grooming Fields around 10, nice. No Mars, Trojan skied nicely. Just started snowing, should be fun after our break. If a couple inches piles up, might have to grab the rock skis for some skier's left Illiad, skier's right Fields.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
I should have gone over to Trojan, apparently. I skied one run down Karyatis/Kristy's and one down the Bunny Slope and left.  Hopefully, we will get some snow today, and with all the snow they are making, things should be better.  I hope.  

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Nice new snow, even a dusting from a few squalls. Took no time for a long line to form at the quad, oh yeah, I broke the conveyor belt again. It stuttered and shuddered I on my first ride, lifties shoveling snow on it after that.

Everything skied great, but the line was too much to bear, didn't seem like I was making any new friends, so I headed over to 4. Chair 5 should be open, it was a half hour later than the scheduled opening. Still not open. Lapped a crowded Trojan for an hour, left for Trax at 11. Mars still closed. I did notice that at least 1 was running when I stopped. Nice holiday management GP👍
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LE machine is going now
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 53