classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1058 messages Options
1 ... 23242526272829 ... 53
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Cornhead
Grabbed rock skis after lunch, skiers right of Fields was good, idk why it wasn't thin and bare instead of closed. Skier's left Illiad, good, thinner and rockier than Fields. Poached the connector over to Pollux, Pollux was real nice. Also made one run ungroomed side of Mars. Pretty skied over by the time I got to it, but skied well nonetheless. Again, can't understand the closed sign, at least til the split , Arethusa?

Not a bad day at Greek, but come on, no one to run 5 till 11 on a Holiday weekend. Or run 1 earlier. Oh well, I should be used to it by now. Rainbows an unicorns!

JRG
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
I feel so bad for the families that spent a ton of money for nothing.
Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
In reply to this post by Cornhead
I was told by ski patrol that lift 5 wasn't opening on time due to lifties not showing up to work on time.  I was there when they finally dropped the rope.  Nice powder run down Mars but lift stopped for a half hour on the way back up.  Eventually they got it moving and everyone off it.  After 1 run lift 5 was closed again after a late start.  It may have reopened later but, by then I was gone.  

I say get Wes out there running the lift when the lifties don't show up.  After all, it's due to poor treatment, work conditions and being a minimum wage job.  Until you improve those facets, this will continue to be a problem.  What happened to all the foreign workers they had a few years back?  Maybe they could look into the prison work release program for lifties.  After sitting in jail these guys aren't going to show up late to work and risk their parole.  Win/win as far as I'm concerned!
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Where’s camp?

Every thing is awesome.  There’s never any lift lines worth mentioning. Think of as it time to meet and mingle with friends old and new.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Embrace it, Greek is the best.  Unless you expect your money’s worth.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Where did you ski radboy?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by MogulMaster
MogulMaster wrote
  Maybe they could look into the prison work release program for lifties.  After sitting in jail these guys aren't going to show up late to work and risk their parole.  Win/win as far as I'm concerned!
Here, here! Maybe they could be chained to their posts. Or use a little modern technology and give them shock collars. If they try and make a run for it ZAPPPP!

Oh, rainbows and unicorns

JRG
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Where did you not ski today campwanttogetpeedon?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Typical
You cant even mention Song or Lab because they are ghetto compared to Greek. Good spot for all you lunch Packers.

Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
A man's got to eat.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
My understanding is that a long time ago, GP did use prisoners as lifties. I imagine that some  parents of kids in the school programs might have an issue with that, just saying...

Meanwhile, at Casa de WP, which is 25 minutes from the time I leave my driveway to the time I'm in the lift line, we have picked up two and a half inches of LE this afternoon, and it's still coming down.    Even better, I have tomorrow off.

WP

PS. I thought horsepeople were bitchy. Some of y'all would give the bitchiest DQs a run for their money!
Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
Sounds good.  Maybe I'll see you there and we can race down Alpha.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
You're on!  Anybody that I can pass deserves to be passed!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Yup ghetto, They use Groupon to bring in the finest, and sell discounted passes to Philadelphia. Nope wait, that’s gp.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Nope. They would have showed up for work today
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by radskier
Wow. That is super low and racist.  Do you want to rethink that post?
Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
In reply to this post by radskier
How do you just show up to work hours late on a holiday weekend?  One of the busiest and most crucial weekends of Greeks season without consequences?  Oh right they are short handed.  They will take what they can get.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote
Wow. That is super low and racist.  Do you want to rethink that post?
Sorry, you're right, especially this weekend. Here, is this OK, or is it offensive to white trash,?
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Well, in in my world, I would just say that they suck.  

However, upon further examining your picture, the dudes are all armed with stuff for fixing fence.  Therefore, as a horse person, please give them a pass, and send them my way.  I have five acres of fencing that can use some help.

Thanks!

WP
1 ... 23242526272829 ... 53