classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1058 messages Options
1 ... 24252627282930 ... 53
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
Common madskier tell us how rad Song is.  

Why even bother with this thread. Pull up the Song/Lab thread. Maybe put up some wicked rad pictures of you shredding too. That would be so fooookin cool.

Don't forget the pictures of your peanut butter and fluff sammich either.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
campgottagopee wrote
Common madskier tell us how rad Song is.  

Why even bother with this thread. Pull up the Song/Lab thread. Maybe put up some wicked rad pictures of you shredding too. That would be so fooookin cool.

Don't forget the pictures of your peanut butter and fluff sammich either.
I want to see pics of smoking nachos, or maybe hanging pretzels, or dudes riding on the back of other dudes sleds
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I spoke to a buddy who skied Greek today and was told that the new conveyor on 1A bit the dust. I hope they got it fixed—especially if they also had mechanical issues with chair 5.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Thanks, RJ.  I had contemplated going over this afternoon after yoga and hitting chair 5 and Trojan.  I HATE skiing in the afternoon.  It's too crowded and things are usually skied off, but I wanted to give it a go after yesterday.  I am glad I stayed home and adulted instead.

Still, it sucks that they had issues with two lifts, especially after they just had the carpet replaced.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Wonderpony, we contemplated between the crowds at Killington or limited terrain at Greek (due to the warm and rain last week), so opted for the crowds instead. It sounds like we made a good decision.

We plan on being back at Greek next weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Unlike great peak there isn’t enough time to eat a fluffy in line or stuck on a chair elsewhere in cny.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
That sucks. Shit like that never happens at the right time, kinda like running out of staples.

Today should be good as we got a fair amount of pow yesterday.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
This post was updated on .
I had fun today.  Yes, there were a fair amount of death cookies on the upper part of Iliad, which seemed to get worse towards the end of my day.  The middle to lower parts were ok.  Stoic was really nice.  Fields is groomed with  a large hump or two in the middle, which I figured that if I could ski that, I am approaching my level of braveness needed to tackle Odyssey. I wish I had hit it sooner.  It was fun.

The most interesting part of my day was riding up with a young lad from Breckenridge.  I asked him what brought him to GP from Colorado.  He was here for a funeral, and decided that he should ski while he was here. It turns out that his grandfather was one of the founders of GP.  (I think that I have that right.  It was either that or another relative of his.)  Regardless, he was fun talking to.  :)  His grandparents both skied into their 90s.  I am hoping to be one of those people with an 80 year old skier sticker on my helmet. But, that's a few year out.  :)

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I remember when GP was new around here, now you guys got the longest conditions thread.  On Jan 20, this could already be the longest GP conditions thread ever.

You guys who are bummed, you fed up or are things worse?  When I was up there, riding the lift with regulars, I was asking how are things.  A split between satisfied and not, didn't hear much middle ground.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Your post made me go back and look at the first GP conditions thread. Turns out it was 4 pages long with only Harv, Camp, Pro, PowderQueen, Gorgonzola, and Snowmonkey posting in it.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
not a whole lot to whine about then...
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Song was great. Skied on and off the chair, no stops or breakdowns. Had 3 hours of untracked powder. For just half the price of gp.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
Yeah, what a drag now, people who actually ski there, and snowmobilers, posting.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
not a whole lot to whine about then...
Nope

Didn't have the whiners like we do today. Oh well, to each their own.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
Yeah, what a drag now, people who actually ski there, and snowmobilers, posting.
 i'd be up to check out the shitty lift lines and jagged lil rocks if they'd get some  frickin snow!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
 I went for a few hours this morning. No complaints. Nice conditions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Camp, can I borrow your rose colored glasses? I've got some welding to do. I'm sure they're dark enough.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Proof you don't know shit.

Rose lenses are for flat light, not bright light encountered while welding.

Actually, I don't even know why I bother responding to the whiners of the group.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
I'mm sure. We got a decent amount of snow. Sled trails are officially open so I'll poke around tomorrow to see what's up out there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
campgottagopee wrote
pro2860 wrote
I'mm sure. We got a decent amount of snow. Sled trails are officially open so I'll poke around tomorrow to see what's up out there.
Good, that's where snowmobilers belong, not posting on ski forums.
1 ... 24252627282930 ... 53