1058 messages Options
1 ... 38394041424344 ... 53
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
radskier wrote
Well you get on a chair that’s listed as open on the snow report and you get to the top without it stopping.  Unlike Greek where they say a chair is open even though it’s not.
Specifically, which green circle trail off of chair 2 has your shorts in such a knot that you're whining so. Or, are you such a radskier that your plan was to rip Ronnie's Run under these conditions.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Why did they list it as open when they knew it wouldn’t be?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
This post was updated on .
radskier wrote
Why did they list it as open when they knew it wouldn’t be?
Why do they expect their season pass holders to pay to park? Or banish them to a lot with a chair that never spins on time? I know Camp, it's only one day a year, and your gang enjoys paying to park and helping out the hill. It's a blast!

I've got an idea. How about running a shuttle from the chair 5 lot to the lodge early enough to get to the front side at opening. Then they can open chair 5 at their usual leisure, and we regulars don't have to forfeit first tracks on the front to avoid getting charged to park.

Or just open chair 5 at 8:30
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by radskier
Common radskier what green circle trail off of chair 2 has your panties in a bunch that you couldn't ski it yesterday.

Did you buy a pass?? You're whining like your buddy cornhead now. You guys certainly come off like a couple of babies.

And for the record in the past the money you pay to park comes off your seasons pass price. Again, oh the drama. Also, it's not GP charging it's Spartan. Who fuckin cares.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
How about just not charging season pass holders to park. Must be GP is hoping most people will just pay and not bother being reimbursed. Typical GP bullshit. Remind me again why a nonskiing, redneck, snowmobiler posts on a skiing forum.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
A couple of items:

1. In the past, pass holders could park in the main lot during Spartan and receive a voucher equal to the parking fee to apply towards next years pass. I'm not certain if they are doing that again this year. The parking fee is a revenue generator for GP, and helps to offset the ski area revenue loss due to the race. They don't earn anything from Spartan, and devote a number of employees to help with the set-up and tear down. Spartan race day is a good day to ski, as it scares skiers away due to the parking challenges.

2. Ski lifts must be inspected annually.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Cornhead

Fuckin crybaby

What's the matter? Did you and Radskier want to tuck the Pollux yesterday??? Stick with skiing with people from Ohio as I can guarantee they're the only ones impressed.

Once again, and the last time I even bring it up, I'm not currently skiing because of an injury. Not sure why you can't get that through your fucking head but it seems as though you can't. Similarly you can't get it through your fucking head that Spartan is charging the parking fee and not GP. Spartan brings a massive influx of cash to GP which is desperately needed for the longevity of GP.

In other words --- stop acting like a little bitch    
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Spartan is March 7 right? Not this weekend?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Correct.

I'm rethinking my earlier statement that it won't be good skiing this weekend. We didn't get much rain and it's been snowing since 5AM. With the warmish temps over the past few days it will be firm but with 4 to 6 of fresh mixed in. They're also firing up the guns later today/tonight. Should be decent skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m choosing to believe it’ll be good- or at least good enough for me. At this point I just want to use my days.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
oh good you knuckleheads didn't get this thread politicrapped... looks like some LE potential for the weekend, might have to give it a go Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
any remnants of base in the trees? bring the rock skis?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
There's def snow --- we'll be riding this weekend for sure

As for rock skis? I'd say bring them? All skis are rock skis to me so you'll have to make your own call on that one.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
OMG you hurt your knee?  Lol
You got snow in your front yard?
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Rock skis? Yup always ski your rock skis at Greek
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Wow! They are making snow! Just wow!

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by gorgonzola

Pic from this morning. Still plenty of snow here. No rock skis needed except maybe for Badskier...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
nice, one of my buddies from down here is there today, looks good!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by pro2860
Nice
1 ... 38394041424344 ... 53