Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by radskier
radskier wrote
. Almost half the price of gp.
It should be, you get half as many ski days as well as the terrain is half as good.

You get what you pay for. And it ain't that much more. If you need some extra cash I'm sure RJ will float ya.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
$39 tickets vs $78 +$25 to park. Half as many days? Let’s see, that’s unproved. Maybe gp will close on a Sunday without notice again.  Extra cash for what?
Chair 4 and 5 closed, and 1 won’t run tomorrow because of the race. Odessy and Olympian closed all week.  Everything you pay much more for is rarely open. Keep drinking the kool aid camp.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Badskier, don't get all defensive bro. If you're content skiing there good for you.

We obviously do things differently, enjoy different terrain to ski on. You go crazy butterfly
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by radskier
Wow. Whine much?

I have skied the previous Spartan race days. It's actually been really fun. I get to luxuriate on the quad on the way up AND have entertainment on the way.  Those Spartans work hard!  In previous years, conditions have been great and very few people show up.

I plan to go tomorrow, although I am not sure about conditions, but I will find out when I get there.

As far as the Spartan race, you can use the parking fee towards next year's pass. You can also park at chair 5, assuming you have a pass.

Or, you can whine.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Where are you going to park tomorrow?  Is chair 4 going to run?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Hey RJ
Are you headed up to K this weekend since the Spartan is happening? If so could you post some pics of Superstar in the conditions thread? especially of the pile at the top?
I called GP again, and was told that they received all the lift parts today. They were currently working on the lift, and expected to have it up and running later this evening. Accordingly, we just pulled in a couple of hours ago. I have a flight Sunday evening, so did not want to make the trek to Killington, as I would then have to fly out of Rutland and connect in Boston. Sunday will be a short day for us anyway.

I too am interested in seeing what the current state of Superstar is. When we were last up, it wasn’t as massive as last year, but they can pile it on quickly.

Our plan is to ski GP this weekend, maybe do a long weekend next weekend, head out west the following week, and then either ski one final weekend at GP, or begin our treks to Killington for the balance of the season. Of course plans change, so we’ll see. I’ll snap some pics if we end up at Killington sooner than expected, or if I can coerce a buddy to snap some pics for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
First it was Tuesday, then it was Thursday, than it was Friday....  how can you believe anything they say?
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Thanks. I’ll enjoy skiing the black elsewhere since Greek doesn’t have any open.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Wow!!! You ski black diamonds??? You really are rad, you crazy guy you. How do you even fit your balls into your ski pants.

Run along now you effin poser.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
According to Wes and the snow phone chair 4 is back in action.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
campgottagopee wrote
Wow!!! You ski black diamonds??? You really are rad, you crazy guy you. How do you even fit your balls into your ski pants.

Run along now you effin poser.
You tell’em Festus, now swing that bum leg over the old Ski-dodo and mosey on down the trail.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HA!!

Workin today bro
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I always ignored the GP thread, figured what do I care about a small place in the middle of nowhere that I’ll never ski?  What a mistake that was!  You guys are a hoot...
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
I always ignored the GP thread, figured what do I care about a small place in the middle of nowhere that I’ll never ski?  What a mistake that was!  You guys are a hoot...
Yup. Since snoloco left and the ORDA threads died down, this is where all the action is.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We'll be at 100 pages of nonsense be4 you know it
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Super nice morning!!! I got to chair 5 a little after 9 and was helped to a nice parking spot by a super nice guy. He also happened to be working 5 when it rolled back, apparently. He was chatting with the guy who parked next to me and I was eavesdropping. 😁

I skied Mars for a couple of hours. It was lovely! It started as rather firm corduroy and softened quickly.  Just beautiful! I am assuming that the rest of the mountain skied the same.

GP also had designated skier parking at the adventure center, with a shuttle running. I missed that as I was driving in, but whatever.

Kudos to GP for running the Spartan race and having another day of great skiing!

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
campgottagopee wrote
HA!!

Workin today bro
I’m waiting on a sliver bird to take me to snow country. Wasatch bound.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PeeTex wrote
campgottagopee wrote
HA!!

Workin today bro
I’m waiting on a sliver bird to take me to snow country. Wasatch bound.
Nice!! Enjoy. I'm looking forward to some sprang mush skiing here in CNY
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It was an absolutely gorgeous morning of skiing. As was stated, it was firm, but softened up, as the sun baked the trails.

They replaced the 50 year old drive shaft on chair 4, which is what the problem was.

Some brown snow was beginning to appear on Zeus, Hercules, and Mars, but still good coverage on the main mountain and chair 2.

No lift lines and vacant slopes.

The vibe on the mountain was reminiscent of GP’s hay day when events would occur all over the mountain. Definitely a good choice on our part to ski GP this weekend.
1 ... 45464748495051 ... 53