420 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift Ticket Prices for 14-15

gorgonzola
snoloco wrote
Mountain Creek charges 350 for a full season pass which gets you 170 acres and 1,000 foot vertical which are fully lit for night skiing and have 100% snowmaking and grooming as well as 3 high speed lifts.  Their only issue is....
IT'S IN NEW JERSEY!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
props to Gorg for his last post to Sno
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
I guess as moderator there is some unwritten rule that says I'm supposed to take the high road, so I'll say this as diplomatically as I can.

I love where I live. My only complaint is my distance from the mountains of NY.

It sucks running this place and reading a stream of crap about the place that you live.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
IT'S IN NEW JERSEY!!!!!
It's great that NJ has a hill to ski on. Gives people a local hill they can get out to on the regular.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAssassin wrote
It's great that NJ has a hill to ski on. Gives people a local hill they can get out to on the regular.
Yeah, and that local hill is called Campgaw.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
 Compare that to Mountain Creek.

Let's keep comparing things to Mountain Creek. It's terribly interesting.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
snoloco wrote
 Compare that to Mountain Creek.
Let's keep comparing things to Mountain Creek. It's terribly interesting.

Lol.

This forum is extremely entertaining today.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Harvey
c'mon harv, jersey boys have much thicker skin than that! living in eastern pa so close to the border, we're kind of  pprogrammed to rank on the dirty jerz whenever we can.

truth be told I lived a good portion of my life and  graduated hs in new jersey....shhh

back on topic, sort of... in another forum there's a discussion of local ski hills relative to a recent powder mag article - my local hill was Ski Mountain at Pine Hill in ...... wait, drum roll.......... NEW JERSEY! Probably 200' of what seemed at the time to be harrowing, death defying vert, lol!!! nelsap area, now a trump golf course. I think our Tuesday night ski club tix were $7!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote

truth be told I lived a good portion of my life and  graduated hs in new jersey....shhh

NO WAY!!! Say it ain't so G --- you're the first person from Jersey I've met that I've ever liked
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Harvey wrote
It sucks running this place and reading a stream of crap about the place that you live.
It's a little immature to ever get bothered by someone else spouting off, but it's tough not to when it comes off like "the things you like are stupid and you're an idiot"

I went to a bistro a few weeks ago with my buddy, a really simple French spot with ok food that I just enjoy. It's really pleasant there. Not great, but good enough, with $3 house wine and really friendly service.

He spent the whole time telling me that his crepe was crap and how the place sucks. I told him not to get a crepe before he even got it. They're also like $7! Sometimes you have to keep your opinions to yourself or at least let the other guy finish his stuff before you start bashing it.

Not sure that it relates but it feels the same in a way.

Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
What exit?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ml242
Harvey wrote

I went to a bistro a few weeks ago with my buddy, a really simple French spot....
A date?
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
ScottyJack wrote
A date?
bwahahaha double date actually.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote
I love where I live. My only complaint is my distance from the mountains of NY.

Sorry Harv. Just having a little fun.

I have friends in NJ. Some of my family used to live there, but they moved to a state with no skiing at all -- Florida.

Now there's a state we can make fun of.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Florida should get an indoor ski area.  The one at the Meadowlands hasn't opened yet and I don't know if it ever will, but there really should be one in the United States.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
STOWE http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/lift/ is charging 108 for tickets this year! LMAO Man that is really outragous.

2138 for a season pass. I paid less for my car! Wow this is beyond price gauging. Even if I wash rich, I'd avoid the place just because I would feel I'm being ripped off.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I'd like to check out Stowe someday but, going to be hard to do that for that price.  Can get 2 tickets at most places for that price.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Glade Runner wrote
I'd like to check out Stowe someday but, going to be hard to do that for that price.  Can get 2 tickets at most places for that price.
At that price, think about Stowe as a destination resort. It's quite the experience with good conditions and a lot cheaper than flying out west. There has always been a great selection of good to 5-star accommodations with decent lift ticket deals. (If you do go and plan to go out at night, do not rely on the shuttle bus system.)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Spongeworthy wrote
Glade Runner wrote
At that price, think about Stowe as a destination resort. It's quite the experience with good conditions and a lot cheaper than flying out west. There has always been a great selection of good to 5-star accommodations with decent lift ticket deals. (If you do go and plan to go out at night, do not rely on the shuttle bus system.)
F that noise. Don't give them a dime. Only a moron would pay for a ticket at that price. You're taking your ski pants off and bending over. And a "destination" resort? Are you kidding me? Jay peak right up the road is just as good(neither of them get the amount of snow claimed in my opinion) and charges WAY less.

It's vermont. It's nothing special. And there's certainly nothing special about stowe compared to other nearby vt resorts. It's shitty skiing compared to out west. It's not like it's Alta. Which btw charges less than stowe  And you do realize people live near alta right? There's a major city called Salt lake an hour away. So for the suckers who live on the ec can really get shafted and pay those tickets.

Only a idiot or someone who has so much money that's it's not an object would spend that type of money on one days of skiing that's not much better than surrounding areas. I'm wondering what the limit on ski tickets are in new england. It's 108 plus 5 bucks for that thing(I think) if you visit for one day. Over 2g's for a season pass. Who's paying money like this? I guess it's rich people from nyc buying condo's up there. I'd just take a plane out to real mountains out west for the weekend. That's a LONG ass drive from nyc points south. 50 cents a mile to run a car. It's not cheap to get there either.

Their pricing is outpacing inflation by A LOT. That's a 10% rise in one year. What's inflation.... 2%? Anyone know what the limit is? People used to think it was 100 bucks. I'm wondering how high it will get before it starts hurting sales.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Also, if you're like most of the skiing public you're just skiing weekends/school vacation week. It's most likely hardpack and even rain is possible, and it's freezing cold, compared to most places out west where it will be good packed powder at least. Really doesn't make any sense. I guess people are afraid of planes. It's a mental block. How far from  nyc up to stowe? It can take 2 hours plus just to get to danbury, ct from manhattan on friday leaving at rush hour. It's a 335 mile drive. About 6 hours assuming no traffic. That's without even stopping. There's always traffic and/or snow on top of it. You could make it out to denver or SLC much quicker on a direct flight from jfk. And with money to burn by choosing stowe, you should have the money to fly. It comes down to lack of knowledge(a few days a year skier who's very wealthy) about what makes good skiing and a mental block about having to fly anywhere.

At nearly 700 miles round trip, the cost to get up there and back is about 350 bucks.(true cost to run the vehicle) So for a single person, it's actually no more expensive when you factor in cheaper lift tickets out west and actually more convenient to fly out west if you live in nyc.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
1 ... 891011121314 ... 21