classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
420 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift Ticket Prices for 14-15

PowderAssassin
Let's put it this way. You're a rich guy who can fly out west every weekend or go to stowe every weekend. You could get a vail epic pass which gives you a season pass to a bunch of mountains and that incredible terrain/different scenery or for the same amount of money you could ski at stowe 4 times. LOL And think about people who live out west near those mountains who can get those deals. We are being shafted with crap like this,.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAssassin wrote
Let's put it this way. You're a rich guy who can fly out west every weekend or go to stowe every weekend. You could get a vail epic pass which gives you a season pass to a bunch of mountains and that incredible terrain/different scenery or for the same amount of money you could ski at stowe 4 times. LOL And think about people who live out west near those mountains who can get those deals. We are being shafted with crap like this,.
Ok, I'm not a rich guy that can fly out west all the time, but I do have the money to sack up and pay for a lift ticket at the best mountain on the east coast every few years. They also have shitloads of snow, incomparable terrain, and if the stars online and I can go on a Tuesday, in my car, with friends.... no complaints.

tl;dr: STFU MORON
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I asked this earlier but it was covered up by flaming.  Is Stowe an upscale, service oriented resort like Deer Valley, or do they just price high to keep crowds down?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
You know I think these forums online whether it's this forum or others have ski industry plants or just some very stupid people that enjoy being ripped off. Did you notice anytime a ski area(especially ec) is criticized how you get flamed into oblivion? Especially if you complain about price or value being offered, which is a obvious no brainer concern that anyone would point out.
----
 Stowe is not less crowded than jay peak from what I've heard. I haven't skied stowe personally obviously. Everyone says the lift lines can get long on weekends. Visit magic if you want less crowds and 1/3 the price. The hermitage club is empty/uncrowded for obvious reasons, but not stowe. Snoloco just google stowe youself and research it and look at other forums where it's been posted. Yelp reviews ect. It's pretty obvious it's not uncrowded. It's a "destination" resort, which is a joke of course.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
STOWE http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/lift/ is charging 108 for tickets this year! LMAO Man that is really outragous.

2138 for a season pass. I paid less for my car! Wow this is beyond price gauging. Even if I wash rich, I'd avoid the place just because I would feel I'm being ripped off.
I'm going to Stowe/Smuggs (in my mind those 2 places should be one) for a week  this winter and I don't care what it's going to cost. Been way to long since I've been back there, can't wait!
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
campgottagopee wrote

I'm going to Stowe/Smuggs (in my mind those 2 places should be one) for a week  this winter and I don't care what it's going to cost. Been way to long since I've been back there, can't wait!
Is this an ad for stowe? Seriously. It's absurd.

I know. Enjoy being ripped off. They're counting on people who will "pay anything" to ski mostly east coast ice/hardpack. LOL

Any legitimate criticism of any major ec ski area is immediately met with flaming(not just me, read ski forums and you'll see this repeatedly. A bunch of people will come on and flame. So if anyone is researching the mountain they'll think the "majority" of flamers is right. And you notice how many threads in these forum like alpine zone/epic ski are about the "industry" and stuff that normal skiers would never talk about? Just find it weird. And the threads tend to be the same across all the forums. Same titles as well on some of them! Also, the same type of people that seem to push limits and are hardcore. Someone who's really good just posts videos. They would never waste their time posting how good they are to strangers on a forum.Get real. Who would have time for that. It shows insecurity. Remember all those knee binding threads on epic ski? Man WTF was that? I researched knee binding and I came across that. I know there's crazy people on internet forums, but this own company seemed to be pushing their product on there if I remember correctly. Why they'd bother when it's just a bunch of crazy people on that forum who sit at their office and dream about being a great skier. And the absurd helmet threads. Don't wear one if you don't want to. It's not a death wish to not wear one if you're taking it easy. Case closed.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PowderAssassin wrote
They would never waste their time posting... to strangers on a forum.Get real. Who would have time for that. It shows insecurity.
If this is what you think of people on ski forums, WTF are you doing here? You have 188 posts on this board in like 2 weeks. Seems like someone is mighty insecure.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
mattchuck2 wrote

If this is what you think of people on ski forums, WTF are you doing here? You have 188 posts on this board in like 2 weeks. Seems like someone is mighty insecure.
Deflection from actual issue.
When was I bragging about how good I am that I charge double blacks or charge at 70mph or take big airs or anything else. I said I had good balance. That was it. LOL

Or talking about how the terrain at grand targhee is too flat, while all the while not even hitting up jackson's hardest terrain? LOL That was pretty telling right there. I'm surprised the person didn't just lie and say they hit it up.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote

Is this an ad for stowe? Seriously. It's absurd.

I know. Enjoy being ripped off. They're counting on people who will "pay anything" to ski mostly east coast ice/hardpack. LOL

Nope, not an ad for Stowe. Simply pointing out my point of view is different than yours. I'm going with my buddies from Greek, we're gonna have a fuckin blast!!!! We'll of course look for "deals", but at the end of the day we'll pay whatever we have to to enjoy ourselves. Can you understand that, or would you continue to enjoy saying how I'm being ripped off. (you're ponit of view not mine)
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PowderAssassin wrote
Deflection from actual issue.
Maybe your problem is that you have no idea what "the actual issue" is anymore.

What have you argued?
1. Corbitt's Coulet is the best trail at Jackson Hole, the only one worth skiing, and the only thing that separates Jackson Hole from Grand Targhee
2. People who ski anything harder than what you, PowderPuss, are comfortable skiing are dangerous and putting everyone at risk
3. Ski Forums are a waste of time and yet you can't keep yourself away from them

Yep. Looks like you're really coming up with some stellar points here. Keep going. You're doing great.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote

Nope, not an ad for Stowe. Simply pointing out my point of view is different than yours. I'm going with my buddies from Greek, we're gonna have a fuckin blast!!!! We'll of course look for "deals", but at the end of the day we'll pay whatever we have to to enjoy ourselves. Can you understand that, or would you continue to enjoy saying how I'm being ripped off. (you're ponit of view not mine)
You are being ripped off. It's your money and your choice obviously. There's no fraud here. You've made the choice to pay them a ridiculous amount of money and get complete overcharged.  Dumb people or people with money to burn keep stowe in business.So you couldn't' enjoy yourself at Jay for almost half the price or is money simply no issue to you?(stowe's target market). Because you'll "pay whatever you have to". That implies you have no budget. You've made my point. Have fun. So is 150 bucks the next benchmark since the people that will "pay whatever they have to" for the honor of skiing stowe. What's the limit?
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I believe the Stowe one day ticket is now $108 for the first day to include/cover the RFID card and then $103 after.

Full disclosure: not sure what an industry plant is but I have done (and continue to do) work for Plattekill and Mad River Glen.  Depending on how you measure it, you might also say I have done probono for Hickory.

Regarding the phrase "ripped off" I don't understand how you apply that to an activity that is supposed to be fun.  If it's bread, or water or oxygen that you need to survive and the cost is artificially high (whatever that means) then the phrase could apply. But if it's fun you are buying, then you look at the $103, you look at the hill and say to yourself "is skiing that worth it?"  If you think it is you cough it up. You've personally decided the trade off is good, for you.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Harvey wrote
Regarding the phrase "ripped off" I don't understand how you apply that to an activity that is supposed to be fun.  If it's bread, or water or oxygen that you need to survive and the cost is artificially high (whatever that means) then the phrase could apply. But if it's fun you are buying, then you look at the $103, you look at the hill and say to yourself "is skiing that worth it?"  If you think it is you cough it up. You've personally decided the trade off is good, for you.
Yes, if you buy a cup of coffee for 15 dollars then you're being ripped off. Ok, over charged a better term? I'm not implying fraud. I'm simply saying it outrageously overcharging people.
In nyc many restaurants take advange of the fact that there's severe income inequality and people with money to burn(while others aren't paid a living wage) and charge outrageous prices for food. This is just the skiing version of that. Unfortuntately all the ski areas seem to be moving towards this model instead of more affordable local hills.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
PowderAssassin wrote
I said I had good balance. That was it. LOL
Actually, douchenozzle, you wrote:

"I barely ever fall. I'm incredibly athletic and a natural skier. My first year EVER skiing(30+ sessions on diamonds halfway through), I fell 3 times. I never even needed a lesson."

It's all right here

You're a full-on, fucking idiot.

And now you're slobbering about Stowe; another place you've never been. Your opinions about places and experiences seem to be inversely related to your actual exposure to them.  In other words, you talk out of your ass a lot.

I'm sorry (actually I'm not) that most of us are actually middle class and don't live in a dumpster behind a seedy strip mall in a suburb of Trenton.  Your idea of a wilderness experience is cutting through some dank, crime-ridden urban "park" on your way to pick up a pack of cigs. You're fucking garbage.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Noah John wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I said I had good balance. That was it. LOL
Actually, douchenozzle, you wrote:

"I barely ever fall. I'm incredibly athletic and a natural skier. My first year EVER skiing(30+ sessions on diamonds halfway through), I fell 3 times. I never even needed a lesson."

It's all right here

You're a full-on, fucking idiot.

And now you're slobbering about Stowe; another place you've never been. Your opinions about places and experiences seem to be inversely related to your actual exposure to them.  In other words, you talk out of your ass a lot.

I'm sorry (actually I'm not) that most of us are actually middle class and don't live in a dumpster behind a seedy strip mall in a suburb of Trenton.  Your idea of a wilderness experience is cutting through some dank, crime-ridden urban "park" on your way to pick up a pack of cigs. You're fucking garbage.
So anyone who isn't middle class is garbage? And in all honesty, stowe isn't for the true middle class. Get real.

Yes I said that after arguing with someone for a while telling me 10 times how great he was. I also said I was a skier who skied safely at slow speed NUMEROUS times and that I enjoy skiing blues so your point is laughable.

I don't need to go to stowe to know they charge over 100 bucks. There's also something called youtube where you can look at trails buddy. You can also get pics/videos ect. It's easy to get an idea of a place. For example, I know what yawgoo is all about even though I've never been there. I can look at wachusetts web cam and figure out the place is a crowded madhouse. Can also read yelp reviews. It's a public resort. You're telling me Stowe is less crowded than magic? LOL I don't need to go there to know. It's common sense.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
PowderAssassin wrote
Yes, if you buy a cup of coffee for 15 dollars then you're being ripped off. Ok, over charged a better term? I'm not implying fraud. I'm simply saying it outrageously overcharging people.
In nyc many restaurants take advange of the fact that there's severe income inequality and people with money to burn(while others aren't paid a living wage) and charge outrageous prices for food. This is just the skiing version of that. Unfortuntately all the ski areas seem to be moving towards this model instead of more affordable local hills.
Under your definition we get ripped off every day. Compare a cup of coffee at Starbucks to a cup at Stewart's. I meal at a nice resturant versus the choke and puke Chinese buffet. What's your point dick head? People pay for what they want and can afford and the market sets the price. Are you hoping that puking all over this thread will bring prices down. If you don't like prices - get BC gear and take a hike, literally. Otherwise shut the fuck up, we're tired of you babble.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
PeeTex wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Under your definition we get ripped off every day. Compare a cup of coffee at Starbucks to a cup at Stewart's. I meal at a nice resturant versus the choke and puke Chinese buffet. What's your point dick head? People pay for what they want and can afford and the market sets the price. Are you hoping that puking all over this thread will bring prices down. If you don't like prices - get BC gear and take a hike, literally. Otherwise shut the fuck up, we're tired of you babble.
Don't get your panties all in a bunch because I'm calling out stowe for what it is. I'm not hoping it brings down prices. But that definitely seems to be a concern for the industry plants. I wouldn't pay over 50 bucks for a lift ticket period for ec skiing.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Why did you delete the portion of your post where you said that my point was "mute"?  That was funny.  For lots of reasons; none of which you'd understand.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
PowderAssassin wrote
 I wouldn't pay over 50 bucks for a lift ticket period for ec skiing.
I'd pay you fifty bucks to kick you in the nads.  Let two of us do it and you go to Stowe.  Or buy some socks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by Harvey
Personally I'm looking forward to the start of the season and new Trip Reports (regardless of price/value/powder/etc etc) and an end to this incessant noise.

Petronio
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 21