420 messages Options
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift Ticket Prices for 14-15

PowderAssassin
Noah John wrote
I called you "cock holster", "bed wetter" and "fucking idiot" if memory serves.  I don't think I ever called you "dick head" because that's sort of boring but I may have.  I reserve the right to call you other things in the future based upon my mood and your posts.  Mouth-breather.
All over something you don't care about. LOL It's kind of funny how when someone is clearly wrong, they'll suddenly say they "don't care". Sort of like a woman saying "whaaateveeer." You did the same thing like a little bitch about NVT. LOL
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I asked this earlier but it was covered up by flaming.  Is Stowe an upscale, service oriented resort like Deer Valley, or do they just price high to keep crowds down?
I asked this question this morning.  I still did not get an answer, I got SEVEN PAGES OF NON STOP FLAMING instead.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
Dude, you are so unoriginal and obvious.

Please point out where I "defended" Stowe.  I'll wait here.  And you never answered the question, namely, why do you care what Stowe charges for a lift ticket?  Just don't buy one.  You don't have to buy a lift ticket to ski Mansfield anyway.  Do you want to go ski the Bruce this winter?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
   I reserve the right to call you other things in the future based upon my mood and your posts.  Mouth-breather.
Shit flew out my nose
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
snoloco wrote
snoloco wrote
I asked this earlier but it was covered up by flaming.  Is Stowe an upscale, service oriented resort like Deer Valley, or do they just price high to keep crowds down?
I asked this question this morning.  I still did not get an answer, I got SEVEN PAGES OF NON STOP FLAMING instead.  Mountain Creek doesn't need any natural snow to get me on the slopes, but I need some to calm everyone down on this site and get the flaming to STOP.
Nobody cares what you want
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
I call you those names because I think it's funny to pick on mental defectives like you, not because I "care" about the subject of your rant.  I've been criticized greatly in the past, perhaps rightfully so, for kicking guys like you around.  Call it a weakness.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Funny how you try and spin everything to your liking. Nobody is defending lift ticket prices. Some people, like me, just don't care, so how is that defending their prices??

As for the dickhead remark, you're the only one that I've seen call yourself a dickhead. That said, I've seen cock holster (laughed just typing that) used
The edit button at work. I was called that among other things.

Do you care what people call you??
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Noah John wrote
I call you those names because I think it's funny to pick on mental defectives like you.  Not because I "care" about what you're ranting about.  I've been criticized greatly in the past, perhaps rightfully so, for kicking guys like you around.  Call it a weakness.
So you admit you're a troll and a bully. Nice.
Goodbye.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Bye Mikey!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Noah John wrote
I call you those names because I think it's funny to pick on mental defectives like you.  Not because I "care" about what you're ranting about.  I've been criticized greatly in the past, perhaps rightfully so, for kicking guys like you around.  Call it a weakness.
So you admit you're a troll and a bully. Nice.
Goodbye.
What is your home mountain again?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
snoloco wrote
Yes and Yes.

They aren't as good as Deer Valley (nobody comes out and helps you with your skis, there aren't rows of free boot warmers in the lodge, the food isn't as good, they don't limit the amount of people skiing every day, etc.), but they are trying to fill that niche in the East. And yes, they price high to keep the crowds down (because if you don't enforce a cap on the amount of people skiing per day, you need some way to control the crowds).
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Bye Mikey!
I concur with this

Powder Ass is long winded and extremley narrow minded just as Mikey Boy was.

I'm back to thinking Powder Ass is the best name for him....Powder Pussy is second....Powder Puff third
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
I'm back to thinking Powder Ass is the best name for him....Powder Pussy is second....Powder Puff third
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Sno,

Gorgonzola stated it pretty well above. I don't care about amenities whatsoever. I'm pretty sure they have them but from the moment I buy a ticket until the day is done, I'm eating clif bars and pb&j's at Stowe. I dig the terrain there. It's a once a few seasons treat because I think it's a great (but expensive) mountain. I'm usually there midweek when there are no lines (unless it's a pow day, the locals come out untill ten and it opens at 8am every day). High speed lifts carry you to the top of each area to ski, and two of the three serve 2k+ vertical (one might not be hs, can't recall, not the best terrain on that side). If you're going to ski on your parents dime, I'd highly recommend going there over Stratton. It's like Whiteface, you look up and think "That is a mountain". When I look up at Stratton, all I think is "Why am I not at Magic?"
Thanks for the response.  I had a hard time finding it within all the flaming.  Stowe sounds really cool and I will have to try it some day.  Do they groom a lot when it doesn't snow?  It does sound like my kind of place with all the high speed lifts.  It is not much more than Stratton, so maybe I will try it for one of my annual new mountains.  The only issue is that Stratton and Okemo are 2 hours closer.  My dad wants to do Tremblant some time, but it is far enough away to need to fly there and if I am flying to go skiing, I'm going out west.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
What is your home mountain again?
Stowe
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
PowderAssassin wrote
I don't need to ski stowe to know it's outrageous to charge over 100 bucks for a lift ticket.
Stowe's lift ticket isn't $108 or $103.  It's $89, exactly the same as Whiteface.  The $103 ($108 if you have to buy the RFID) is the rate for walk-ups to the ticket window.  But you can buy online - including day of - for $89.  Anyone who buys at the window is a chump, there's simply no reason to do it.

I've skied Stowe a number of times over the years.  Last time was this past March.  We stayed at the Green Mtn Inn for two nights (very nice, recommended) for the same price you'd pay for a nice room anywhere (about $200/nite).  Meals were what you'd pay anywhere, and there's a whole range of options along the Mountain Road, from cheap pizza to high dollar upscale restaurants.  And the lift tix were in line with other mountains.  Yes it was a splurge (I consider skiing anywhere other than my home mountains to be a splurge, especially if it involves an overnight stay).  Worth it?  Absolutely.  Stowe arguably has the best terrain and best snow in the East.  On top of that you've got outstanding nordic, backcountry and sidecountry options and a town with a legitimate ski culture.  Everyone should ski Stowe sometime (except PowderAss, who should remain at his undisclosed home mountain).

Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I don't know whether he's Mikey or not but he comes unglued just as easily.  I'm hoping my comment draws a rejoinder from one or both of "them".

And all those nicknames seem equally fitting depending upon what the little dude was ranting about at any given time.

I really hope he's not gone - that gives me the sads.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I don't need to ski stowe to know it's outrageous to charge over 100 bucks for a lift ticket.
Stowe's lift ticket isn't $108 or $103.  It's $89, exactly the same as Whiteface.  The $103 ($108 if you have to buy the RFID) is the rate for walk-ups to the ticket window.  But you can buy online - including day of - for $89.  Anyone who buys at the window is a chump, there's simply no reason to do it.
LOTS of people pay the walk up rate. They sell tickets at the window for a reason. And 89 is still a complete rip off.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
And walkup rate is how you compare the mountains.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Why are you so afraid to tell us where you regularly ride?  It's not like I am going to make fun of you.  Just curious.
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 21