classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1254 messages Options
1 ... 19202122232425 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

warp daddy
Nothing says " Pro Life " more than sacrificing Grandma and Grampa to open the economy .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
warp daddy wrote
Nothing says " Pro Life " more than sacrificing Grandma and Grampa to open the economy .
They're pro life until they're not when money is involved. Actually, they're not pro life they're pro birth. After that they don't want to spend a dime on education or healthcare for those that are born.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
Your kidding right? I mean this is NY, the leader of the free handouts in the the whole country. If you can’t get free healthcare or food if you don’t have the means, your just lazy. As far as education last I knew public education is free to grade 12. If college is something you want it should be on person that wants it. At some point a person should start to be responsible for themselves and not the tax payers. There are limits on everything and at some point a line needs to be drawn. I’m not willing to pay for someone who puts themselves through college only to end up working at Walmart. Honestly I think I’d be more open to paying for training people on blue collar trade then white collar person.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Watch for loss of taste and smell.
Is this an attempt to get back on topic or are you expressing an opinion on Toto and/or some of the other posters' taste in music?

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by scrundy
scrundy wrote
. If you can’t get free healthcare or food if you don’t have the means, your just lazy....At some point a person should start to be responsible for themselves and not the tax payers. There are limits on everything and at some point a line needs to be drawn. I’m not willing to pay...
Wow.

I was hoping that a crisis like this would encourage people to realize that we're all in this together and that, if people don't have a decent job (with paid sick time) and decent benefits (so they can go to a doctor to determine if they are sick), then we should all ensure that we, as a society, should help those people so that our way of life doesn't collapse.

But, it looks like people are still in favor of the popular slogans of: "every man for himself" and "I got mine, fuck you"
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I just went grocery shopping yesterday for my in laws.
Not on my watch!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
We successfully rented out apartment in Brooklyn to a healthcare professional at a big discount to help in this time..  We may need to run down to NYC and grab some things before they move it.  Trying to figure out how not to.  I have survivor guilt with my friends in NYC that are basically trapped.

We'll be up in Hunter for as long as it takes.  Only been off my property twice in 2 weeks.

I was actually in Breckenridge when all this shit started to get really bad.  None of my friends would come to Breck from Denver so I was on my own and basically was snowboarding or hiding out in my hotel smoking weed...   On my second day I walked up to the lift and saw the "social distancing" signs...    I immediately took a couple steps back and got on the phone with Delta and changed my fight for the next day.  That afternoon Vail called it a season.

This is is fucked up...
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Scrundy ......wow, just wow,  i hope you never need help man . Hard to believe one can be that calloused , sad indeed .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
I stand by what I said.
I’m all for helping people for sure, but in life there is always limits. I think food shelter education and health care should cover it. And as I say you can get that in NY. Hell I could live like that and I have being in the military. I’m not cold I’m a realist
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
scrundy wrote
I stand by what I said.
I’m all for helping people for sure, but in life there is always limits. I think food shelter education and health care should cover it. And as I say you can get that in NY. Hell I could live like that and I have being in the military. I’m not cold I’m a realist
Hey Scrundy, why don’t you clarify what you meant when you specifically used the word “lazy”? I think that’s a trigger  for many people. I’m not going to put words in your mouth but there’s no reason you can’t explain what you meant in slightly more detail without necessarily throwing down a gauntlet. Maybe this can be an experiment in us discussing things like adults without reverting to entrenched partisan positions at every turn.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
Sure... lazy meaning if your down on your luck there’s help out there, all you got to do is get it. If you don’t it’s on you. I’m all for helping people out but must help oneself too. About the only exemption to the rule are elderly and mentally ill people, but that’s a whole different subject.
By all means I all for helping people out, I don’t want to see anyone hurting, who would?
Sorry but I get a little fired up when people think they are in titled because they breath. Last I knew nothing is guaranteed in life, you get what you put into it.
But we live in a civilized world right? I guess some people don’t want to understand it’s not a truth, it’s fragile. And there are limits to what you expect others to fund.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
And then a total bummer
https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/ny-radio-reporter-infects-6-with-coronavirus-at-90th-birthday-party/
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
scrundy wrote

Sorry but I get a little fired up when people think they are in titled because they breath.
Do you think the government should provide anything at all to its citizen taxpayers? Roads? Education? Any kind of healthcare?

What do you think people should be "in titled" to because they "breath"?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'm so glad I'm not the only shitty speller around here

Hang tuff DMC!!!!

My wife is contemplating going down and volunteer in NYC. Don't think that doesn't freak me the fuck out.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
scrundy wrote
Sure... lazy meaning if your down on your luck there’s help out there, all you got to do is get it.
Simple as that, huh?

Fortunately, I haven’t had to use food stamps or eat government cheese since my family and I lived in poverty through my high school years.  Yeah, MC doesn’t like my opinions regarding pulling one’s self up by their bootstraps and changing their stars.  More people should try it, although not everyone is in as much of a position to make it work as others might be.

That said, I think the welfare system, and availability of support, is all over the place in the State and the country.  While I have no first hand experience (at least not in a long time), I hear plenty of stories.....from deadbeats who clearly abuse the system to people who legitimately need the support but are denied it.  So, is it really that easy?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I'm so glad I'm not the only shitty speller around here

Hang tuff DMC!!!!

My wife is contemplating going down and volunteer in NYC. Don't think that doesn't freak me the fuck out.
That would scare the crap out of me...
That said, thank you!!!!!!!!
I feel so inept sitting around the house painting and watching youtube...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
What do you think people should be "in titled" to because they "breath"?
Ha!  I would have sworn you would lead with the grammar and spelling.  Go figure.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I saw the guv confirm that some covid patients have been shipped up to Albany Med already so she'll probably be dealing with it soon regardless.  Are they offering a hotel room to medical personnel willing to help out or are you guys on your own for that?
1 ... 19202122232425 ... 63