classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1254 messages Options
1 ... 39404142434445 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

wonderpony
Yeah, I quit. My brain hurts. I don't think I could find an intelligent comeback if I tried.   Other than the fact that in my particular world, hustlers are not a good thing.  My divorce lawyer was convinced, and rightfully so, that my ex husband was hiding cash.  He is a contractor and any cash payments or checks made in his name disappeared.  We could never find it.  But, whatever, it's over and done.  And, I won.  He's gone.  :)

Tomorrow is another day.  I have new and exciting things to worry about.  My son has been assigned to work in NJ.  My dad called this morning to let me know that he thought he has shingles. I am waiting to hear the results of that.

I think I am going to throw up.

WP

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
wonderpony wrote
 in my particular world, hustlers are not a good thing.  My divorce lawyer was convinced, and rightfully so, that my ex husband was hiding cash.  He is a contractor and any cash payments or checks made in his name disappeared.  We could never find it.  But, whatever, it's over and done.  And, I won.  He's gone.
That's what you say. You explain where you are coming from.

And then I mention that I'm not talking about hiding income from your ex wife, I'm talking about doing some work (that might not pay off until later) while you collect unemployment.

And we both realize that we're talking past each other because words mean different things to different people. Lots of people these days refer to "side hustles" - ways to get extra income outside of their "real job".

Sorry if I was confusing.

Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by wonderpony
Dad's ok.  My fourteen pound cat is humping my leg because his life has been changed.  Still not a fan of NJ.  

I quit.  I am going for a very long walk to see if I can regain any brain cells.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
MC.  To meet you on fair ground, who are you? You wrote this: Maybe know who you're talking to before you assume things about people."    I don't need to know your name, but, really who are you? If you had to be actually truthful in  a singles ad, how would you describe yourself?

WP

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
wonderpony wrote
MC.  To meet you on fair ground, who are you? You wrote this: Maybe know who you're talking to before you assume things about people."    I don't need to know your name, but, really who are you? If you had to be actually truthful in  a singles ad, how would you describe yourself?

WP
Crap, so much potential for mischief but I want to let JTG go first. He’s earned it
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote

WP
There's a thread for that:
https://forum.nyskiblog.com/Roll-Call-tp936102p1004994.html

If you want to know more, you can come to Plattekill next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1

So fuc# mad
This shit needs to find a cure for immediate

n tragic news I know both these people well .
Just found my step mom close friends that living in Rockland County husband had it he passed she supposed be in better shape than he was we need to end it
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
wonderpony wrote

WP
Crap, so much potential for mischief but I want to let JTG go first. He’s earned it
Nah, have at it.  I’m not kidding, I’m done with anything to do with him.  Reminds me...gotta check to see if there is an ignore setting on here.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
That's a ten year old post. Ten years ago,I was.. younger.  I am now old.  Er.  

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Haven't weighed in on this SARS-COV2 , COVID-19 thread in a bit but just got done reading though y'alls problems.
Regarding possible better less invasive treatments for low oxygenation ventilator ICU thingy, I believe australlians are gonna try HBOT therapy to oxygenate covid patients see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHfBNb6_kTE

There's info using HBOT in feb 2020 clinical trial for dementia-alzheimers thingy in Jewish hospitals in NYC and Israel. See:https://alz-journals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/trc2.12008.
As for me put me in with some pressurized oxygen vessel where I can sit up than stick a fn tube into viral fluid filled lungs in an ICU, just sayin. Less impact to critical ICU staff-PPE. Should work if patients don't get too bad.

As for money-job discussions above. Money is a problem when you don't have enough. Once ya have enough the hardest part is to manage it so ya don't go back to not having' enough. A lot of folks have spent a lot of $ for stuff not actually needed to have a life well lived. Y'all get to make choices as to what makes ya happy.

Watched the dog dream today so I looked up stuff about dog dreams. Learned that ya dream about what ya were experiencing in the awake period before ya went to sleep. Better to have good experiences while awake before ya go to dreamland unless ya want a "backlash" while dreaming. Posted some extra stuff bout it in the Dream thread.

Wonderpony, dog been humpin leg about once a day now when I'm standing up talkin on the phone. Might have to research that shit too. Never did that to me before batflu. (Never thought I'd ever write those 3 sentences, but  it's the new abnormal.) She usually gets to visit her sister and mother not far away to hang out but have gone only once as been mainly staying home.

Suppose to snow again tomorrow, to add to the ski blog.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Let’s take the weekend off....and then seriously, let’s write up some hypothetical dating site profiles for each other. That actually sounds like fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Sometimes I wonder if blind polls would be entertaining...or hurtful...or both.  Can we do blind polls?

Nah, I like this place to much.  Heck, even...well, you know who.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Brownski wrote
wonderpony wrote

WP
Nah, have at it.  I’m not kidding, I’m done with anything to do with him.  Reminds me...gotta check to see if there is an ignore setting on here.
This is the best thing to do with bullies.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
Let’s take the weekend off....and then seriously, let’s write up some hypothetical dating site profiles for each other. That actually sounds like fun.

We did something like that when Noah John was around. It was a hoot.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Maybe know who you're talking to before you assume things about people.
Oh the irony
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Maybe know who you're talking to before you assume things about people
Oh the irony
You're bullying me

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Sometimes you gotta punch em right in the nose though.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
 Truth. And do it with a smile 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
You're gonna smile and punch me in the nose when we finally meet?

Seems like something a bully would do.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
You're gonna smile and punch me in the nose when we finally meet?

Seems like something a bully would do.
Metaphorically bro. I met Camp for about 30 seconds this year. He seemed like the nicest guy around. On the other hand, if he did find a reason to punch somebody in the face, they might end up in the next county. He’s a big dude. As long as you’re not a coyote that is.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
1 ... 39404142434445 ... 63